VMware Backups via AVVI agent fails with the error 0xe00095a7 - The operation failed because the virtual center or ESX server reported that the virtual machine's configuration is invalid.
0xe00095a7 - The operation failed because the virtual center or ESX server reported that the virtual machine's configuration is invalid.
Final error category: Resource Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-38311
Restart the Vmware tools service on the Guest Virtual machine being backed up and try to run the Backup job.
Disable the VMware Filesystem Sync Driver and Volume Shadow Copy Services Support on the affected Guest VM and try the job.
Please follow the instructions below.
- Start the VMware Tools Install/Upgrade from the vCenter/vSphere console/client
Note: If the following popup appears, select interactive install and Click OK
- Log on to the virtual machine console and the VMware Tools Install Wizard should be starting
- Select Modify
- Expand the VMware Device Drivers
- Expand Volume Shadow Copy Services Support and Filesystem Sync Driver and select the red X (This feature will not be available).
- Select Modify
- If the following prompt appears, select Ignore to continue
- Click Finish
- Click Yes to reboot the guest machine to complete the changes (required)
- Uninstall the Agent for VMWare Virtual Infrastructure(AVVI) option from Tools-> Install Options And License Keys On This Media Server.
- Reinstall the AVVI option from Tools->Install Options And License Keys On This Media Server.
- Run the backup job again.
vSphere 4.1 or later