The presence of the Notes System Debugger (nsd.exe) is an indication that the Lotus Notes environment is in a bad state. This could cause NSF-related crawler/retriever issues. This Article addresses how to disable NSD from being launched.
1. Stop EsaNsfCrawlerService and EsaNsfRetrieverService services
2. End nsd.exe Process
3. End notesmm.exe Process
3a. Open up services.msc > View Properties of the following EsaNsfCrawlerService & EsaNsfRetrieverService
4. Make note of the logon accounts used for each of these services
5. Edit the notes.ini for the account identified in #4.
5a. For Windows 2008 Server, this is C:\Users\<account name>\AppData\Local\Lotus\Notes\Data'
5b. For Windows 2003 Server, this is C:\Documents and Settings\<account name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Lotus\Notes\Data
6. At the end of the ini file, add the following: APIDeveloper=1
7. Ensure there is at least one blank line after this setting
8. Start EsaNsfCrawlerService and EsaNsfRetrieverService services