NetBackup catalog recovery wizard always restores contents back to the same location as when they were backed up. Restore will fail if that location does not have enough space. In such scenario, the fastest way to get back on track is by creating junction point (the equivalent of symlink in UNIX / Linux) that points to another location with plenty of space. Below is the procedure:
1. Download junction.zip from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896768
2. Extract and put the executable file in a temporary directory.
3. Shutdown NetBackup by running <install_path>\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\bpdown -v -f
4. Most of the time, <install_path>\Veritas\NetBackup\db\ consumes the most of server's disk space. Cut and paste this directory to another location with plenty of space.
5. Open Command Prompt window and cd to the temporary directory mentioned in step 2.
6. Run: junction.exe <install_path>\Veritas\NetBackup\db\ target_path
HINT - usage:
To create Junction Point: junction.exe <source> <target / actual physical directory>
To delete Junction Point: junction.exe -d <source>
All contents in target directory remain intact.
7. Start NetBackup by running: <install_path>\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\bpup -v -f
8. Proceed with catalog recovery.