Who is CyberArk?
CyberArk is an information security company that provides a comprehensive approach to Identity Security centered on privileged access management (PAM) to protect against advanced cyber threats. CyberArk has been named a leader in the 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for PAM.
What is Privileged Access?
In an enterprise environment, privileged access is a term used to designate special access or abilities above and beyond that of a standard user. Privileged access allows organizations to secure their infrastructure and applications, run business efficiently and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive data and critical infrastructure.
What is Privileged Access Management (PAM)
PAM is used to mitigate the risk of privileged access. In other words, accounts, credentials and operations that offer an elevated (or “privileged”) level of access. PAM tools are used by machines (software) and by people who administer or configure IT Infrastructure. A PAM solution can be deployed as on-premises software, SaaS or a hardware appliance.The core capabilities of PAM include:
- Discovery of privileged accounts across multiple systems, infrastructure and applications
- Credential management for privileged accounts
- Credential vaulting and control of access to privileged accounts
- Session establishment, management, monitoring and recording for interactive privileged access
PAM tools are typically used by organizations to rotate passwords of privileged accounts and maintain a record of all interactions in privileged sessions.
What are CyberArk Plugins?
CyberArk Plugins are (software) integrations that can be deployed in a CyberArk environment which can then manage privileged access to an external system (like Veritas NetBackup Flex Appliances)
What are the different types of CyberArk Plugins?
There are two types of CyberArk Plugins:
- CPM (Central Policy Manager), which manages the passwords of privileged accounts and provides the following functionality:
- Verify password
- Change password
- Reconcile password
- PSM (Privileged Session Management), which establishes access to privileged accounts and records all such sessions
What CyberArk Plugins for NetBackup Appliances are available today?
The following Plugins are available for Flex 2.1 and later:
- CPM Plugin --- manages web application accounts; these are the user accounts configured with the Flex Appliance Web Console
- PSM Plugin --- creates a secure session to the web app and records the session
The following Plugin is available for NetBackup Appliance 3.3.0.x and later:
- CPM Plugin --- manages passwords of "admin", "maintenance" and standard users accounts
The following Plugins are available for Flex 3.x:
- CPM Plugin for VxOS Shell
- CPM Plugin for NetBackup Primary/Media Container
- CPM Plugin for MSDP WORM Container
The following plugin is available for 5250/5350 appliances:
- CPM Plugin for Remote Management Interface (IPMI)
Where can the CyberArk Plugins for NetBackup Appliances be downloaded from?
The plugins can be downloaded from CyberArk Marketplace. A CyberArk partner account is required to download.
Is there additional information about the CyberArk Plugins for NetBackup Appliances?
Go to CyberArk Marketplace.
Click on the plugin.
Then click on the link under "Resources". if not logged in, you will be required to log in first.
Who can I contact if I'm having issues with the CyberArk plugins?
Please contact CyberArk Technical Support.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):