The Outlook emails, Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks folders as well as certain Outlook and Calendar subfolders can be downloaded as a .pst file.
Note: If you download the Deleted Items folder under Outlook, only the mails in the folder, and not deleted Calendar, Contacts, or Task items will be downloaded.
Download the .pst file
1. Navigate to the Outlook folder you want to restore and make sure you select the snapshot from the time you need.
Restoring while browsing will restore the file that you are viewing in the interface, so make sure you have the correct snapshot selected. If no snapshot is selected, the latest version will be restored.
To restore from a history snapshot:
Click on the monitor icon and then select History Snapshots.
2. Select the point in time from which you want to restore.
You will see icons next to each snapshot informing you whether the snapshot is indexed or unindexed as well as complete or partial. For more about partial snapshots, see: What are partial snapshots in Veritas SaaS Backup
3. Select the more options icon to the right of the folder and then select Download as .pst.
4. You will see a message that the that link will be generated. Depending on the size, it may take some time. As soon as it is generated you will receive a notification in the app as well as a separate email with a link to download the file.
5. You may check the progress in Job monitor to see the status of completion.
After completion, you can also see the download link in SaaS Backup portal by clicking on Bell icon as below.
Click on Bell icon > Select the notification email> Click on download link.
Click the link and the file will download to your computer.
6. Now you can either open the file on your computer to see the content or import the data back into Outlook.
Import data back to Outlook
Once you have downloaded the .pst file, you can directly mount the data back into Outlook using Outlook's import feature.
For details on how to do this, please refer to Microsoft's article here.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):