nbcertcmd -getCAcertificate -server master_server_name command fails with EXIT STATUS 8500
EXIT STATUS 8500: Connection with the web service was not established.
This problem can occur if the client on which the command is executed is not able to resolve the IP address of the master_server_name specified in the command.
1. Ensure that the client can properly resolve the name of the master_server_name to the correct IP address.
2. If the client is running Windows:
- Try disabling Windows Firewall
- If it is already disabled, try to enable the Windows Firewall and allow exceptions for NetBackup processes and services.
3. If the client is behind a DMZ, consider enabling an HTTP tunnel:About communication between a NetBackup client located in a DMZ and a master server through an HTTP tunnel https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc-viewer.21733320-127424841-0.v125482382-127424841
Related Knowledge Base Articles
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):