NetBackup 8.2: Error while loading shared libraries: libnsl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (127)
NetBackup 8.2 Server Installation fails on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, Oracle Linux 8 and CentOS 8.0 after providing the license key for the installation.
A NetBackup Server or Enterprise Server license key is needed for installation to continue.
Enter license key: <Enter license key>
: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpminlicense: error while loading shared libraries: libnsl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (127)
During a NetBackup Master or Media Server installation on the respective platforms, NetBackup tries to execute the bpminlicense tool, which has a dependency on the OS library libnsl.so.1. This library has been upgraded to libnsl.so.2. NetBackup is not able to execute bpminlicense if it does not find the required library libnsl.so.1.
To allow the installation of NetBackup to complete, install the libnsl.so.1 package on the operating system
- Log in with root credentials.
- Install libnsl.so.1: Use the following suggestion from RedHat
yum install libnsl
- Attempt to install NetBackup again.
In order to install the libnsl package, the dependencies libXtst and ncurses-compat-libs may also need to be installed.
- The NetBackup Adminstration Console ( jnbSA ) has a dependency on libXtst and it is not installed on the operating system by default. Install the library libXtst from RHEL installation media if needed.
- NetBackup 8.1.1 and 8.1.2 require an additional library: ncurses-compat-libs
Veritas Technologies LLC has acknowledged that the above-mentioned issue (ETrack 3968351) is present in NetBackup version 8.2.
NetBackup 8.2, 8.1.2, 8.1.1
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, Oracle Linux 8, CentOS 8.0
Related Knowledge Base Articles
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):