By default, NetBackup master server uses https port 443 for communication. If port 443 is not available, you cannot access the NetBackup web user interface using the same port.
If port 443 is not available, you come across errors in the following scenarios:
- During NetBackup installation
- While accessing the NetBackup web user interface
During NetBackup installation
During the NetBackup pre-installation checks if port 443 is not available, the following error message is displayed:
Not OK - port_availability_check: Port 443 is in use.
This test runs when you install or upgrade the NetBackup master server to 8.1.2 or later. Port 443 is required for all operations specific to the NetBackup web user interface. If port 443 is already in use, you need to make it available or use another port.
While accessing the NetBackup web user interface
When you access the NetBackup web user interface for any operations and port 443 is not available, an error message like the following is displayed, which may vary based on your web browser:
Unable to connect
Use the following procedure to resolve the issue.
Note: This solution does not apply to NetBackup Appliance.
Do one of the following:
- Make port 443 available. Carry out the following steps:
- If a different application is using port 443, stop the application and ensure that the port is available for NetBackup.
- Once the port is free, restart the NetBackup vnetd service.
- <INSTALL_PATH>\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\vnetd -terminate
- <INSTALL_PATH>/netbackup/bin/vnetd -terminate
3.Ensure that other applications do not use port 443.
- Update the NetBackup configuration file to use a different port. Carry out the following steps:
- Identify any available port on the master server.
- Run the nbsetconfig command to update the NetBackup configuration file (Windows registry or the bp.conf file on UNIX) and set the value of NB_WEBUI_PORT to the new port number, for example: NB_WEBUI_PORT=8888.
For more information on the nbsetconfig command, refer to the NetBackup Commands Reference Guide.
- Restart the NetBackup vnetd service.
- <INSTALL_PATH>\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\vnetd -standalone
- <INSTALL_PATH>/netbackup/bin/vnetd -standalone
4.To access the NetBackup web UI, specify the port that you added in the configuration file, in the URL.
If you specified port 8888 in the configuration file, the URL to access the web UI should be as follows:
Once the port is changed from 443 to a different port in the configuration file, the web UI cannot be accessed using the default 443 port.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):