You can initiate PostgreSQL backups in NetBackup using the DataStore policy to call a backup script.
This article provides an sample script to schedule an automatic backup using the NetBackup Administration Console. You must copy the script to a preferred location, but ensure that the path is a white listed path. Use this script when configuring the DataStore policy for backups.
Note: You must modify the sample script according to your environment.
To backup PostgreSQL database using the backup script
- Authenticate the password in the PostgreSQL environment.
- Download the sample script and copy it to a preferred chosen location.
- Rename the script pgsql_backup_script.txt to pgsql_backup.
- Modify the path according to the environment.
- In NetBackup Administration Console, create an automatic full backup schedule in the Policy>Schedule>Attributes tab.
- Under the Backup Selections tab, provide the path to the modified script as the backup selection.
- Under the Client tab, specify the MySQL server.
- Specify the parameters for the backup operation in the nbpgsql.conf file.
- Run the backup using the NetBackup Administration Console.
Applies to PostgreSQL version 9 and later
Operating systems Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.8 and later
SUSE Enterprise Linux Server 11 SP3 and later
Please note that this script is provided as is and is a sample script only. The script is not supported by Veritas technical support.
It is the responsibility of the customer to modify the script to take into account specific requirements and variables in his/her environment.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):