V-225-325 - How to run pdde_gc.exe to free space occupied by Backup Exec deduplication storage on volume.
The latest version of Backup Exec (Version 20) uses a newer deduplication version. To convert to the latest deduplication version Backup Exec needs 12% (of the total volume) free disk space on the volume that contains the Deduplication Storage folder, which was configured in Backup Exec 16 or earlier version.
The tool Pdde_gc.exe is a standalone executable, which can be used to reclaim space (at least 12% space) on the volume so that the conversion completes successfully.
- Go to BE DVD and mount the ISO to install Backup Exec or upgrade an earlier version of Backup Exec, the location is <mounted-path>\BE\WinNT\Install\PDDEMigration
- Go to command line and run pdde_gc.exe without any parameters.
If you require more free space, perform the following steps:
- Expire some backup sets on the deduplication storage from the Backup Exec console.
- Run CR queue processing two times.
- Run pdde_gc.exe to try and free the required space.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):