How to enable supported storage solutions in Enterprise Vault 12.5 (or earlier) that are not visible in the Enterprise Vault Admin Console
New storage solutions and updates to existing supported storage solutions are self-certified by our storage partners and added to Enterprise Vault on a continuous basis. Sometimes these storage solutions are self-certified and supported before the next release of Enterprise Vault is available. This means that there is no entry for the storage solution in the Enterprise Vault Admin Console when you configure a vault store partition.
This article provides an updated configuration file and instructions on how to apply it to existing Enterprise Vault 12.5 (or earlier) servers to enable SUPPORTED storage solutions (as per the Enterprise Vault Compatibility Charts) before they appear in the next release of Enterprise Vault.
The procedure in this article should only be followed when the storage you are implementing is listed in the Enterprise Vault Compatibility Charts and it is directing you to this article to add your storage solution to the Enterprise Vault Admin Console.
Perform the following steps on the Enterprise Vault Server:
- Confirm that the storage solution you want to use is supported per the EV Compatibility Charts and it is directing you to this article to add your storage solution to the Enterprise Vault Admin Console. If this is not the case then do not proceed any further.
- Open Windows Explorer, and then navigate to <Program Files (x86)>\Enterprise Vault\InitialConfigurationData\en\Policies.
- Make a copy of EVExtendedSettings.xml.
- Replace EVExtendedSettings.xml with the version attached to this article. Click on Download Attachments.
Note - Rename EVExtendedSettings.txt to EVExtendedSettings.xml.
- Update the registry value: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Admin] "PopulateExtendedSettingTypes"="1".
- Close and then relaunch the VAC.
- Navigate to Policies > Exchange.
- Right-click Exchange, and then click Populate Setting Types:
- Restart the storage service on all Enterprise Vault storage servers that will be using the desired storage solution.
Note: Once the services start, the desired storage solution is displayed as a storage type when configuring a partition. This process applies to supported primary and secondary storage solutions.
- Select the desired storage solution and proceed with the configuration.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):