How to set up an Enterprise Vault client trace on an Outlook 2010/2013 workstation.
To perform a client trace :
1. Open Outlook on the client workstation.
2. Click the Enterprise Vault tab to select it.
3. Hold down the Ctrl+Shift keys and click on any one of the Enterprise Vault buttons.
This will open the Enterprise Vault Diagnostics window:
4. Set logging level to Maximum tracing.
5. Click OK.
6. Click OK to acknowledge changes will take effect when Outlook is next opened.
7. Close and reopen Outlook for tracing level to take effect.
8. Reproduce the issue.
9. Open the diagnostics window again.
10. Click the Open Log button to open the trace log.
11. Perform a Save As of the log file.
12. Choose Information logging and Click OK to save the changes.
13. Zip the log file and send it to the support case.
If the Enterprise Vault tab is not available, set tracing via the registry
1. Set the following registry key:
Note the current setting so it can be set back to the original setting.
The four levels of logging that can be set correspond to the options in the EV Diagnostics window:
0 – Errors only
1 – Information
2 – Minimum tracing
3 – Maximum tracing
2 . Close and reopen Outlook for tracing level to take effect.
3. Reproduce the issue.
4. To access the log file, perform the following:
a. Open the run command and type %TEMP% into the blank box and press the Enter key.
5. In the TEMP directory, the filename will be as such: ev_client_log_20160217071213.txt.
6. Compress the log file and send it to the support case.
7. Return to the registry and set logging level back to its original setting.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):