Using the Enterprise Vault Admin Console's "Change Location" wizard to move the index locations of an archive on to a new location.
- The Change Location wizard lets you move an archive’s index volumes from one physical location to another.
- However, the wizard does not copy the index data.
- You must do this manually, and use the wizard to make the necessary changes in Enterprise Vault.
- Backup Enterprise Vault SQL Databases and Enterprise Vault Server.
- Under EV Admin Console, click left navigation pane, right click on Archives -> Find Archive -> search and double click on the archive whose index volumes need to be moved.
- Under the Archive Properties, click on "Index Volumes" tab -> Details -> Select the index volume you wish to move -> Actions -> Set Index Volume Offline. A warning will pop up stating that offline volumes cannot be searched. Click YES and proceed.
- Right click and copy the information to clip board, make a note of the copied information.
- Copy the "Location" of this volume and navigate to it in Windows Explorer.
- Now copy the index volume folder and paste it to the new location manually.
- Go back to the archive properties -> Index Volumes -> click on Manage Indexes -> select "Change Location" option.
- It will explain you the following:
- The Change location wizard helps you to move an archive’s index volumes from one location to another.
- The wizard does not copy the index data. You must do this manually, and use the wizard to make the necessary changes in Enterprise Vault.
- When you run the Change location wizard, you must indicate whether you have already copied the index data to the new location, or that you plan to copy it later.
- Click on ADD and select the archive in concern and click NEXT.
- Now select the new location where you want to move the index volume to and click NEXT.
- Check the box that says "The index volumes have been copied to the new location" and click NEXT
- Copy to clipboard and make a note of the displayed information of "Target" and "Source" locations for your reference.
- Click NEXT and click CREATE TASK
Note: This task will not run until the Index Administration Task schedule triggers. To manually run it, go to your tasks -> index administration task -> right click and do "Run Now".
You can monitor the progress of this process from Indexing -> right click and select "Monitor Indexing Tasks" -> click on the "Change Location" sub-task that we created above.
Post the change location job is completed, if there are any issues with the index volumes on the new index location, kindly open an Enterprise Vault Support case for assistance.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):