When using Enterprise Vault (EV), the following error occurs: Event ID: 3230 - Timed out whilst waiting for the MAPI profile mutex.
Event ID 3230 : "Timed out whilst waiting for the MAPI profile mutex."
When using EV, this error message may be logged by any of the agent services ie. Archive, Retrieval, Public Folder Services/Tasks.
The error effectively means that a Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) profile could not be created, or the connection to the Exchange server/s was lost.
However the error can occur for other reasons, including the following:
- Connection to the Global Catalog(GC) server/s could not be made or is lost.
- Connection to the Domain Controllers(DC) could not be made or is lost.
- Connection to the SQL server hosting the Enterprise Vault (EV) databases could not be made or is lost.
- Issues with Outlook and/or Collaboration Data Objects on the EV server.
- Mis-configured EV server.
A MAPI mutex error is a critical error, so when this occurs, the EV services and/or tasks are shutdown.
- Restart of the Agent services/tasks on a daily basis. - This will clear/reset the MAPI resources in use or resources that could not be cleared successfully.
- Follow MAPI troubleshooting steps as documented in the following article: https://www.veritas.com/docs/000028303
- Follow procedures as per the following article: https://www.veritas.com/docs/000030848
- On very active EV servers, update the ProfileExpire registry key value on the Enterprise Vault server to a lower number.
If the Enterprise Vault server runs a 64 bits OS:
Related Knowledge Base Articles
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):