Error 1603 when installing or updating the Remote Agent for Windows Systems via the push install method.
Manual installation of the Remote Agent for Windows Systems (RAWS) works fine, but when attempting to install or upgrade it via the push install method fails at the beginning of the procedure.
"Error connecting to the remote server. Ensure the server is available, has WMI enabled, and is not blocked by a firewall. 1603."
The "remote registry" service in the destination server is disabled.
1) Log on to the target server where RAWS is to be installed.
2) Open Windows Services applet (services.msc)
3) Locate "Remote registry" service.
4) If the service is disabled, enable it.
5) Retry the operation from the Media Server.
Check the related technical articles for more information.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):