- 1.0: April 12, 2022: Initial version
Veritas has addressed a Cross-Site Scripting vulnerability impacting Veritas NetBackup OpsCenter and OpsCenter Analytics
- Cross-Site Scripting
- CVE ID: CVE-2021-41570
- Severity: Medium
- CVSS v3.1 Base Score: 5.4 (AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N)
Several fields are vulnerable to a cross-site scripting (reflected or persisted) attack from an authenticated user.
- NetBackup OpsCenter and OpsCenter Analytics: 8.2 and earlier, 8.3.x, 9.0.x, 9.1.x
- If you have already applied the Hotfix for CVE-2021-44228 and/or CVE-2021-45046, no further action is required.
- Upgrade to NetBackup 10.0 - no EEB required.
- Alternately: Upgrade to 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52 and apply the appropriate Hotfix :
For questions or problems regarding these vulnerabilities please contact Veritas Technical Support (https://www.veritas.com/support)
Veritas would like to thank Berk Can Geyikci for notifying us about this issue.
THE SECURITY ADVISORY IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE DISCLAIMED, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH DISCLAIMERS ARE HELD TO BE LEGALLY INVALID. VERITAS TECHNOLOGIES LLC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE FURNISHING, PERFORMANCE, OR USE OF THIS DOCUMENTATION. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS DOCUMENTATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
Veritas Technologies LLC
2625 Augustine Drive
Santa Clara, CA 95054