APTARE IT Analytics Release Notes
- About APTARE IT Analytics
- Patch Releases for Version 10.4.00
- What's New: Version 10.4 Highlights
- Supported Systems
- Installation and Upgrades
- Enhancements and Resolved Issues by Category
- Known Issues, Optimizations, and End of Life (EOL)
Linux Prerequisites: Portal Installation Default Directory
For Linux Portals, certain environments place security restrictions on directories. The Portal installer, which uses InstallAnywhere, extracts files into the /tmp directory. While the files can be written to the directory successfully, the execution of the installer may fail because the /tmp directory does not have execute privileges. (SC-2655)
An environment variable (IATEMPDIR) may need to be set to a different location so that the installer does not use the /tmp directory. This environment variable typically is set for one of two reasons:
Insufficient space in the /tmp directory to extract the installer.
/tmp is mounted as a file system without execute privileges.