Veritas NetBackup™ for MySQL Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for MySQL Agent
- Installing NetBackup for MySQL Agent
- Configuring NetBackup for MySQL Agent
- NetBackup for MySQL backup and restore
- Troubleshooting for NetBackup for MySQL
- Appendix A. The NetBackup for MySQL commands and conventions
- Appendix B. The NetBackup for MySQL commands
Performing the restores for MySQL databases
This topic lists the prerequisites and describes the procedure to restore the backups.
Ensure that the MySQL agent and NetBackup are of same version for successful backup and restore operations.
Before you restore the backups, you must meet the following prerequisites:
Ensure that versions of the MySQL agent and NetBackup are same. If you upgrade NetBackup to newer version, then you must upgrade the agent version also.
Ensure that you restore the MySQL instance to an empty target directory.
Ensure that the target directory is a valid instance directory.
(Non-LVM) Ensure the MySQL services are running.
To restore the backups
- Configure the parameters in the
nbmysql.conffile, or specify them using the nbmysql command.
For more information, See The nbmysql configuration file.
- Verify that the MySQL services are running for Non-LVM restores.
- Run the following command:
nbmysql -o restore -S master_server_name -t target_directory -p db_port [-i copy_id] [-C client_name] [-u db_user] [-H db_host]
For non-LVM restores,
DB_USERparameter are also required.