Enterprise Vault™ Setting up SharePoint Server Archiving
- About this guide
- Configuring SharePoint archiving
- Creating objects in the Administration Console for SharePoint archiving
- Creating an archiving policy for Enterprise Vault for SharePoint
- Adding a SharePoint archiving target
- Running SharePoint archiving
- Adding SharePoint archiving Web Parts
- User access to archived SharePoint documents
- About user access to archived SharePoint items
- Appendix A. Installing Enterprise Vault and SharePoint on a single server
Introducing this guide
This guide describes how to set up Enterprise Vault so that you can archive content from Microsoft SharePoint servers.
Throughout this guide, the term "content" refers to all the data that is stored on SharePoint. An "item" is any file or other entity that makes up the content in SharePoint. For example, an item can be a document, a blog post or comment, a custom list item, and so on. A "document" or "file" is specifically an item stored in the document library; for example, a Word document, spreadsheet, and so on.