Unable to launch Rescue screen when booting System Recovery Disk (SRD) from DVD drive other than /dev/sr0. For details, please see Error Message section.
Couldn't mount /dev/sr0. No suitable images. No medium found on /dev/sr0.
/dev/root does not exists.
The first DVD drive (/dev/sr0) is always specified as DVD device in the SRD.
However, your DVD drive is not /dev/sr0 but /dev/sr2 or /dev/sdc1.
1. Run the below command on "dracut:/#" shell.
2. Find CDROM and the device name.
3. Shut down and boot from the SRD.
4. Rescue screen appears.
In case of Red Hat 7.x, see Figure 2a.
In case of Red Hat 8.x, see Figure 2b.
Figure 2a Red Hat 7.x
Figure 2b Red Hat 8.x
5. Select edit mode.
In case of Red Hat 7.x press [Tab].
In case of Red Hat 8.x press 'e'.
Figure 3a Red Hat 7.x
Figure 3b Red Hat 8.x
6. Change the value from /dev/sr0 to /dev/sr2 or /dev/sdc1. (See Figure 4a and 4b)
Figure 4 Red Hat 7.x
Figure 4b Red Hat 8.x
4. In case of Red Hat 7.x, press [Enter] key. In case of Red Hat 8.x, press [CTRL]+ x.
Veritas System Recovery 18 or later
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):