Veritas System Recovery 18 Monitor fails to connect to a remote System Recovery Agent. Activity is "Connection failed." (See Figure 1)
See "Monitor Service.log". "The method or operation is not implemented." is found in the log file.
<C:\ProgramData\Veritas\Veritas System Recovery Monitor\Monitor Service.log>12/21/2018 5:15:26 AM - Info- Connecting to computer: xxxxxxx
12/21/2018 5:15:26 AM - Info- Connected
12/21/2018 5:15:26 AM - Error-
Cause: Failed to retrieve the protection status information for this computer.
System.NotImplementedException The method or operation is not implemented.
1. "User Interface" function is not installed on the system where System Recovery Monitor is installed.
2. VProSvcPS.dll is not registered on the system where System Recovery Monitor is installed.
3. "Run all administrator in Admin Approval Mode" is enabled in User Access Control (UAC) on the system where System Recovery Agent is installed.
The below steps are confirmed on Veritas System Recovery 18 Service Pack 2.
1. On the system where System Recovery Monitor is installed, install "User Interface" from System Recovery 18 install media. (See Figure 2)
2. On the system where System Recovery Monitor is installed, open the command prompt with Administrator privileges. Run the following commands and press OK. (See Figure 3) After then, reboot.
cd “C:\Program Files (x86)\Veritas\Veritas System Recovery Monitor”
3. On the system where System Recovery Agent is installed, run "Local Security Policy" (secpol.msc). Expand "Security Settings" -> "Local Policies" -> "Security Options". Disable "User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode". (See Figure 4)
After 1, 2 and 3 are performed, reopen System Recovery Monitor. Status and Activity of System Recovery Agent will be correctly displayed. (See Figure 5)
Veritas System Recovery 18 Service Pack 2 or later
Related Knowledge Base Articles
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):