Please enter search query. Search all support & community content...
Ratings: 33 16
Product(s): Enterprise Vault
ProblemUsers will not be able to retrieve emails after installing the associated Microsoft Outlook Security patch, listed below, released on September 12, 2017.
- KB4011086 for Outlook 2007
- KB4011089 for Outlook 2010
- KB4011090 for Outlook 2013
- KB4011091 for Outlook 2016
Outlook will become unresponsive, when clicking on the banner. To determine if this patch has been installed, this command may be run from an elevated command prompt ( Run as Administrator):
systeminfo | findstr "KB4011086 KB4011089 KB4011090 KB4011091"
CauseThese Microsoft Office security updates have disabled scripts for custom forms. Enterprise Vault's archived item shortcuts are custom forms that require scripting for their retrieval functionality.
Note: Outlook clients without this patch are not affected.
WorkaroundUse the DisableCustomFormItemScript and TrustedFormScriptList Registry settings to allow scripting for Enterprise Vault shortcuts. This Microsoft KB article describes the usage of these settings. The Enterprise Vault custom forms that need to be added to the TrustedFormScriptList are:
The Registry location for these settings varies by the version of Outlook and the bitness of the operating system. For convenience, Veritas has made available a downloadable zip file containing Registry Entries (.reg) files to create the required settings to enable scripting for Enterprise Vault's custom forms on each supported version of Outlook.
To create the Registry settings on an affected machine:
- Download the Attached ZIP file (linked below in the Downloads section) and extract it.
- Browse to the folder for the appropriate version of Outlook.
- Choose the .reg file for the appropriate bitness of Outlook and Windows. For example, if you are running a 32-bit installation of Outlook 2010 on a 64-bit installation of Windows, choose EVClient_OL2010x86_Winx64.reg.
- On the affected workstation, import the contents of the .reg file by double-clicking it or by using File > Import from the Regedit application.
- Restart Outlook on the affected workstation.
As an alternative to modifying the Registry, users can also access their archived items via Enterprise Vault Search instead of using shortcuts.
SolutionThis issue has been addressed in the following releases:
Enterprise Vault 12.2.1
Enterprise Vault 12.3
Related Knowledge Base Articles
JIRA : CFT-559
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):