How to setup SMTP Email Notifications in Backup Exec.
Configure Email notification
- Click the Backup Exec Button
- Select configurations and settings --> Alerts and Notifications --> Email and Text Notification.
- Click add a recipient, Click yes if a configuration pop up box appears
- Under Email Server: Type the name of the mail server. The IP address can also be used. (i.e. exchange.com or 192.0.0.3)
- Type the port number used by the mail server.
- Enter in the name of the sender in the Sender Name: field. (i.e. Administrator)
- Enter in the Email address of the sender in the Sender Email address: field ( Administrator@mydomain.com )
- If you want to authenticate the email information that you entered, check Enable email authentication, and then enter the user name and password for the sender's email account.
- Click OK
Adding recipients for notification
- Click the Backup Exec button, and then select Configuration and Settings.
- Select Alerts and Notifications, and then select Notification Recipients.
- On the Manage Recipients dialog box, click Add a recipient.
- In the Name field, type the name of the recipient.
- Select Send notification by email.
- Enter Recipient's email address.
- To limit the number of emails that are sent within a specific amount of time, check Send no more than x emails within x minutes/hours, and then enter the details.
- Click Ok
Note for using Google Apps
To use Google email servers as the SMTP relay, follow the instructions located at Google Apps Documentation & Support https://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176600. A SPF record will need configured for the domain with the IP address of the device or application to ensure that recipients do not reject mail sent from it.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):