Please enter search query. Search <product_name> all support & community content...
Last Published: 2019-07-05
Ratings: 0 0
Product(s): Backup Exec
How to enable logging to debug issues with the Enterprise Vault Migrator Agent
To enable Backup Exec Migrator VxBSA logging for the Backup Exec remote agent on the Enterprise Vault server, perform the following steps:
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
- At the Enterprise Vault server, click Start and then select Run.
- Type regedit and press Enter.
- In the Registry Editor, under My Computer, click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Veritas > Backup Exec for Windows > Backup Exec > Debug.
- Double-click the key, VXBSALevel.
- In the Value data field, change the value to 6. Changing the value to 6 enables full verbose logging.
- Click Ok.
- Enable logging for the remote agent by setting the following registry key (0=logging disabled; 1=logging enabled): 7.1 HKLM\SOFTWARE\veritas\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Logging\CreateDebugLog
- Close the Windows Registry Editor.
On the Backup Exec Media server:
1.Enable logging for the engine service by setting the following registry keys:
1.1 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\veritas\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Debug\Enabled =1
1.2 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\veritas\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Debug\VErbose=6
After activating the Backup Exec Migrator logging, the log files can be found in the following directory on the Enterprise Vault server:
C:\Program Files\veritas\BACKUP EXEC\RAWS\logs . the files generated are shown bellow:
- ComputerName-bengine<XX>.log (Provided the Backup Exec media server is installed on the enterprise vault server)
To enable the logging of events related to the Migrator Agent on the Enterprise Vault server application perform the following steps on the Enterprise Vault server.
- Open a command prompt and go to the directory under which Enterprise Vault is installed. This directory contains the Dtrace.exe file.
- Run the Dtrace.exe application.
- Set verbose logging on the following two proccesses: "StorageFileWatch" and "EVStgOfflineOpns" by executing the following commands.
- set StorageFileWatch verbose
- set EVStgOfflineOpns verbose
- Enter the command "View" to see a list of processes for which you can enable verbose logging.
- Set the log file by using the command: Log "log_file_name" ( i.e : log c:\migrator-log.txt).
- To enable monitoring inside the console itself type the command "mon".
- Execute the migrator tasks for which logs are required.
- Press Control-C to exit from the monitoring phase.
- Disable logging to ensure that all log entries are stored in the log file. Use the command "log" to disable logging. The log file "log_file_name" can then be collected.
Etrack : 1876517
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):