SQL Database backup fails with error "An error occurred on a query to database."
Backup -<Server name>
V-79-65323-916 - An error occurred on a query to database .
V-79-65323-916 - The server principal "<Domain name>\<user name>" is not able to access the database "<database name>" under the current security context.
The above error occurs in the job log while backing up SQL databases if the user account used for backing up the SQL databases does not have proper privileges.
1. System Administrator role on the SQL instance.
2. db_datareader and db_datawriter on the master database of the SQL instance.
2) Right Click on "Security" and select New => Login (Figure 1).
6) Under "Users mapped to this login" select "master" database (Figure 4)
7) Under "Database role membership for: master" select "db_datareader" and "db_datawriter" (Figure 4)