How to move Placeholders from one File Server to a new File Server
- Setup a new File Server (FS) and install the Operating System (OS).
- Setup a new Directory Structure on the File Server for shares and give the Vault Service Account full access via NTFS permissions and share rights.
- Configure Enterprise Vault (EV) for the new File Server and install the FSA agent on File Server.
- Setup the Volume and Archive Points on the Enterprise Vault Server and perform an Initial Archiving Run (the Placeholder move will not function correctly unless a Archiving run has been performed).
- Use the FSAUtility to move placeholders from old server to new.
- Open Command Prompt Window, go to the Enterprise Vault installation directory and type the following command:
> FSAUtility -m -s \\unc_path_source -d \\unc_path_destination
This will be all that is necessary to get this done. As stated above if keeping the same name it will be much easier to Backup the data and Placeholder (if possible) and then restore back onto the new server.