Cannot open the Backup Exec System Recovery console. It hangs while connecting to an agent
1. Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\
2. Edit the RemoteComputers.xml in Notepad
3. Each computer which has been added to the BESR console will have a line which looks like one of the following lines:
4. The system where Selected="true" is set will be the computer the console tries to connect to when started. Change the Selected="true" to Selected="false" for the problem computer. Then, change one of the other computers in the list to Selected="true"
5. Save and close the RemoteComputers.xml
6. Start the Backup Exec System Recovery console. It will connect to the computer which was set to Selected="true" in step 4.
Note: This procedure only works if the local computer where the console is running is not in the list of computers. If the local computer is in the list of computers, it will always be the default computer connected to when the console loads.