The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) used by NetBackup, OpsCenter and related products do not allow Java Applets or Web Start to run and are not susceptible to Java Applet or Web Start vulnerabilities.
The following Veritas products are covered in this article:
- NetBackup 7.x and 8.x along with their respective release updates, maintenance or feature packs use the JRE for the NetBackup Java Administration console.
- NetBackup OpsCenter 7.x and 8.x along with its respective release updates uses the JRE.
- PureDisk Remote Office Edition uses JRE for the Web interface in the PureDisk 6.2, 6.5 and 6.6 releases along with their respective hotfixes and release updates. Previous releases of PureDisk do not use the JRE.
- These products' byte code bases are local to the system.
- None of these products runs in an Applet or Web Start context as an application accessed by the user's web browser, nor do they run from an Applet or Web Start viewer.
- None of these products downloads or otherwise receives Java code to be executed from an unknown source.
NetBackup Enterprise Server (includes Alerts for NOM and OpsCenter):