Please enter search query. Search <product_name> all support & community content...
Last Published: 2020-05-22
Ratings: 0 0
To enroll NetBackup master server as a service provider to PingFederate
- Log on to the Ping Identity admin console, and select the Applications tab.
- Under the My Applications tab, find the Add Application dropdown and select New SAML Application.
- Enter a name, description, category, and graphic for the application.
- Click Download to download the IDP metadata XML file (pingsaml-metadata). Use the IDP XML metadata file to add the IDP configuration on the NetBackup master server
- Select the SAML v2.0 as the Protocol Version.
- Upload the SP metadata XML file previously downloaded from the NetBackup master server. Ping automatically populates the information from the uploaded SP metadata XML file.
- Select the Always Sign Assertion check box alone to always sign the assertion portion inside the SAML response message.
- Click Continue to Next Step.
- On the page for SSO Attribute Mapping, click Add New Attribute.
Define SAML attributes (Application Attributes field) that map to the userPrincipalName and the memberOf attributes in the AD or LDAP directory (Identity Bridge Attributes or Literal Value field).
Note: While adding the IDP configuration to the NetBackup master server, the values entered for the user (-u) and user group (-g) options must match the SAML attribute names (Application Attributes field) that mapped to the userPrincipalName and the memberOf attributes in the AD or LDAP (Identity Bridge Attributes or Literal Value field).
Attribute mappings are used to map SAML attributes in the SSO with its corresponding attributes in the AD or LDAP directory. The SAML attribute mappings are used for generating SAML responses, which are sent to the NetBackup master server.
- Click Continue to Next Step to set up Group Access or Save & Exit to review the configuration.
- After reviewing the configuration, click Finish.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):