Error: "Failed to validate Configuration" when trying to add Azure as DataCenter to VRP Resiliency Domain
When trying to add a new Datacenter as Azure or editing an existing DataCenter to configure as Cloud Source with platform as Azure, it would fail.
Failed to validate Configuration
Lack of appropriate permissions to the Azure Active Directory Application that is created as a part of the "App Registrations" process in the Azure Portal
Before adding Azure as a Datacenter in VRP Console, the following actions need to be performed.
a. Create a new App under the App Registrations in the Azure Active Directory
b. Create a new Secret key for that App from the "Secrets and Certificates" tab for that App in Azure Portal.
c. Assign the "Contributor" Role to the new App from the IAM Console in Azure. For more information on assigning Roles, please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/howto-create-service-principal-portal
d. Finally, need to input the following in the VRP Console ->Add Datacenter page
1. Directory ID: Available from the properties page of Azure Active Directory.
2. Subscription ID: Available from the properties page of the user created App from Step a.
3. Application ID: Available from the properties page of the user created App from Step a.
4. Secret Key: Generated from Step b.
NOTE: For the Storage account details requested once the verification is completed, the following details are needed
1. A valid storage account created on Azure portal
2. A valid storage container in the Storage Account from above that can be mapped to VRP.
The name of the storage account as well as the Storage Container need to be provided exactly as they are provided in the Azure portal
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):