To configure Enterprise Vault 12.1 with Google Cloud Storage:
- Log into the Google Cloud Platform console and enable Google storage account for Interoperability mode and generate storage access keys:
- Follow these steps: https://cloud.google.com/storage/docs/migrating#keys
- See here for more information on Interoperability mode: https://cloud.google.com/storage/docs/interoperability
- Create a bucket with desired storage class and regional location:
- Default storage class: Select either Multi-Regional, Nearline or Coldline (Regional not currently supported)
- Multi-Regional location: Must be either US, EU or ASIA
- Become familiar with the Enterprise Vault (EV) Simple Storage Service (S3) API migrator:
Migrating Data Using the Simple Storage Service (S3) API
- Configure the vault store partition to migrate content to Google Cloud Storage:
- Choose the Simple Storage Service (S3) API as the Migrator on the Migration tab of the EV storage partition.
- In the Advanced tab of the partition configure the following settings as specified below:
- Service host name - storage.googleapis.com
- Access key ID - <Google Interoperability storage access key generated in step 1 above>
- Secret Access Key - <Google Interoperability storage secret generated in step 1 above>
- Supported regions: TEMP,TEMP,storage.googleapis.com;US,US,storage.googleapis.com;EU,EU,storage.googleapis.com;ASIA,ASIA,storage.googleapis.com;
Note: The first identifier, displayname, and service host in this list is a required placeholder, do not remove it and do not select it when configuring Bucket region.
- Bucket name - <select desired bucket that is in the region selected in Bucket region>
- Bucket region - <US, EU or ASIA>
- Bucket access type - Path
- Configure remaining settings per requirements – follow guidance from Migrating Data Using the Simple Storage Service (S3) API.
For Enterprise Vault 12.2 and later, see Migrating Data Using the Google Cloud Storage Migrator.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):