HOW TO : Install NetBackup Remote Administration Console for Windows
The NetBackup Remote Administration Console is supported on Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019 - 64 bit.
Installation is a two-step process as follows:
- Install the NetBackup Remote Administration Console.
- Add the host name of the machine on which you are installing the NetBackup Remote Administration Console to the server list of the hosts that you want to administer.
You must also add the host names of the servers that you want to administer to the server list on the host where you install the remote console.
The following table shows an example of the required server list entries for each host. RAC1 refers to the Remote Administration Console.
Host name Required server list entries
RAC1 Master1, Media1, Media2
To install the NetBackup Remote Administration Console
1. On the computer where you want to install the NetBackup Remote Administration Console, start the NetBackup Installation Wizard with one of the following methods:
- DVD media
Insert the NetBackup for Windows DVD in the drive. If Autorun is disabled,navigate to the DVD drive and run Browser.exe.
- Downloaded files
Navigate to the directory where you have chosen to download the files.
Extract the files if zipped.
reside and run Browser.exe
2. On the initial screen, click Installation.
3. select NetBackup Java Remote Administration Console Installation. You do not need a license key to install the Remote Administration Console.
4. On the Ready to Install the Program screen, review the summary of your selections. Then, click Install.
5. After the installation completes, do the following:
- Click View Log to review the installation details.
- Click Finish.
If you clicked the box next to Launch NetBackup Administration Console now, the Remote Administration Console appears.
If you did not click thebox, start the console by selecting Start > Programs > Veritas NetBackup > NetBackup Administration Console.
This action starts the console on the local host, not on any remote host.
6. Add the required host names to the server lists of all hosts.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):