Veritas NetBackup™ for MySQL Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for MySQL Agent
- Installing NetBackup for MySQL Agent
- Configuring NetBackup for MySQL Agent
- NetBackup for MySQL backup and restore
- Troubleshooting for NetBackup for MySQL
- Appendix A. The NetBackup for MySQL commands and conventions
- Appendix B. The NetBackup for MySQL commands
About NetBackup for MySQL restores
When you initiate a restore, the NetBackup XBSA interface reads the progress files to receive the MySQL backup files to restore them to the target directory. Before you run a restore, ensure that the target directory is empty.
The parameter-S, t, and -p are required parameters. Alternatively, you can choose to restore using the optional values -i as the backup image name and -C to restore from a specified client name.
The restore fails when the target directory is invalid or not empty. Ensure that you delete all contents of the target directory before you initiate the restore operation.