Migrate the existing DLO Server components – DLO Administration Server and DLO Maintenance Server, configured in an All-in-One Setup to a new Server machine.
Migrating the DLO Administration Server and the DLO Maintenance Server components configured in an All-in-One
setup to a new Server machine.
Applicable to: Setups where the DLO Administration Server and DLO Maintenance Server components need to
migrated to a separate Server machine.
Steps to resolve this issue:
1. On the DLO Server machine, open the elevated command prompt and browse to the DLO Install
path and run the below command:
DLOCommandu.exe -changeserver -M <New Media Server - where DLO Admin Service will be installed> -A
2. On few DLO Agent machines, verify the below registry path points to the new DLO Server.
Note: This will be automatically updated for all desktop agents already connected or when
connected to the DLO Server.
3. Uninstall the DLO components from the existing machine.
4. Ensure there are no changes to the Database location.
5. Restart the machine where the DLO Server components are uninstalled.
6. On the new server machine, select the DLO Server components to be installed.
7. For the Database options, choose the Remote Database option and provide the remote Server
hostname, where SQL Services and database resides.
8. Proceed with the installation.
9. As per the setup requirement, install the Dedupe Server component and other components on
another server machine if required.
10. Once installation is complete, launch the DLO Console on the new server and ensure all the
configured settings are available.
If BOI components are installed in earlier Server machine, then follow the below mentioned
Note: If BOI components are not installed in earlier setup the below steps can be ignored.
11. In case BOI option is enabled for profiles assigned to the clients, disable this option in the
12. Un map the Edge Server and IO Server mapping from the tagged Storage Location.
13. Re-Tag the Edge Server and the IO Server to the Storage Location.
Note: The steps 12 & 13 are required to update the Edge Server settings in the client to point to the new
14. Trigger backup and restore operations from few clients, to check the functionality.
15. On the Desktop Agent Install path, update the Edge Server IP [SERVERNAME] to point to the
new Server machine.
- <Desktop Agent Install path>\EdgeServer.ini
Note: This is needed for the DLO Diagnostic Utility checks.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):