Register for an Exam
Be the Best! Take the Test!
Registering for an exam
- Obtain a Veritas CertTracker Login and Password (ID). You must have a CertTracker ID in order to register for an exam.
- Existing CertTracker Users: If you are an “Existing User” and have already participated in a Veritas Certification or Accreditation exam, you have a Veritas CertTracker account ID. If you have forgotten your CertTracker login credentials, select the “Account Recovery” link from the CertTracker login page and follow the instructions provided. If you need further assistance, please contact Global.Exams@veritas.com with your existing CertTracker login credentials.
- New CertTracker Users: If you are a new user and have never attempted a Veritas Certification or Accreditation exam, you must create a new Veritas CertTracker account in order to register for an exam at Pearson VUE. Select the “First Time Users” link on the CertTracker login page to create a new CertTracker account. The “Account Activation” notice will include a link and detailed instructions on how to access the site. Contact Global.Exams@veritas.com for assistance.
Important: Your name as it is listed in Veritas CertTracker and your identification that you present at a Pearson VUE test center MUST EXACTLY MATCH or you will not be able to take the exam and you will forfeit your exam fee. Candidate name and company name changes can only be made by submitting a CertTracker Incident or emailing Global.Exams@veritas.com; please allow 24-48 hours for CertTracker updates to reflect in all systems.
- Locate a test center in your area. Veritas Certification exams are administered through Pearson VUE Worldwide Test Centers. To find a test center in your area, please visit Pearson VUE from within your CertTracker account.
- Follow the detailed step-by-step registration instructions: Customers / Partners & Employees
To see the instructions for purchasing exam vouchers, click here.
- Please Note: 24-48 hour advance registration is required to sign up for a Pearson VUE exam. No same day or next day walk-in test center registration will be allowed.
Certification exam fees
The fee for a standard certification exam is $225 USD (or your country’s currency equivalent). Veritas reserves the right to change exam fees at any time. Check the Pearson VUE website to verify exam costs, schedules, and locations.
What are Veritas certification exams like?
Each certification exam is an electronic, performance-based, multiple-choice examination that gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your mastery of critical skills sets against published objectives. Qualified proctors at independent test centers, on Veritas’ behalf, administer the certification exams. Each exam has a predefined time allowed. Please confirm timing allotted when registering for your exam. All exams are closed book, which means you may not have any printed material, computers, or calculators with you during the exam. When you complete an exam, you will receive immediate on-screen feedback on your scoring.
Obtaining Veritas Certification
To become Veritas certified, candidates must pass the exam(s) available through Pearson VUE testing centers. To assist in preparation for the certification exams, candidates are strongly encouraged to attend Veritas training course(s), in addition to meeting any necessary prerequisites, on-the-job experience, and study. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam. See the Veritas Certification exam preparation information.
After Successful Completion
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will receive a Veritas Certificate and access to the Veritas Certified logo to use on your business cards. You will also gain:
- Industry credibility and market recognition—Skills verified by Veritas put you in an elite group of experts who are uniquely equipped with the abilities required to implement and manage Veritas solutions.
- Greater potential for career advancement—Distinguishing yourself with a Veritas Certification increases your opportunities for advancement.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Global.Exams@veritas.com.