VCS-413: Administration of Veritas eDiscovery Platform 8.2 for Administrators
Although each product varies in complexity and depth of technical knowledge, all certification exams, targeting customers in a user or administrative role, cover core elements measuring technical knowledge against factors such as legal hold management, collection management, system configuration, distributed architecture, case creation and management, source set up, discovery, processing, filters, analytics, advanced searching, concept searching, tags, folders, user management, reviewing, exporting, and producing.
The certified administrator will demonstrate an understanding of installation, configuration, deployment, administration, management, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Veritas eDiscovery 8.2 Platform. This understanding serves as a basis of knowledge for proactively managing Veritas eDiscovery 8.2 in an enterprise environment to improve a company’s ability to manage the electronic discovery workflow following part or all of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM). This includes: Information Management, Identification, Preservation, Collection, Processing, Review, Analysis, and Production.
Passing this exam will result in a Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) certification and counts towards the requirements for a Veritas Certified Professional (VCP) certification in Archiving and eDiscovery.
# of Questions: 75 - 85
Exam Duration: 105 minutes
Passing Score: 69%
Exam Price: $225 USD (or your country’s currency equivalent)
- Veritas eDiscovery Platform 8.2: For Administrators
- Veritas eDiscovery Platform 8.2: For Users
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the VCS exam. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Recommended preparation steps:
- Exam Preparation Guide (PDF): Download and review the guide to understand the scope of topics covered in the certification exam and how they map to the key lessons and topics in the associated training course(s).
- Attend recommended training classes listed above.
- Gain hands-on experience with the product. Three to six months experience working with Veritas eDiscovery Platform 8.2 is recommended.
- Sample Exam (PDF): Test yourself and your exam-taking skills using the sample exam
In addition, you should be familiar with the following supporting products, skills, technologies, product documentation, and websites:
- Ability to perform administrative tasks for and/or familiarity with standard backup and availability concepts.
- Legal Hold Reference
- Legal Hold User Guide
- Identification and Collection Guide
- Reviewer's QuickStart Guide
- Tag Sets Reference Card
- User Guide
- Case Administration Guide
- System Administration Guide
- Load File Import Guide
- Review and Redaction Reference
- Production Reference
- Export and Production Guide
- UI Navigation Reference Card
- Audio Search Guide
- Transparent Predictive Coding User Guide
- Keyboard Shortcuts Reference
- Audio Search Reference
- Audio Search Processing Reference
- Release Notes
- Installation Guide
- Upgrade Overview Guide
- Upgrade Guide
- Utility Node Guide
- Native Viewer Installation Guide
- Distributed Architecture Deployment Guide
- Administrators QuickStart Guide
- Collection Reference
- OnSite Collection Reference
- Review and Redaction Reference
- User Rights Management Reference
- eDiscovery Support Page
- About eDiscovery
To register for an exam, follow these instructions.
Email Certification Team