Backup Exec 20 Update 1 Release Notes
This Update contains added platform support, critical updates, and enhancements for Backup Exec 20 revision 1188.0
Backup Exec 20.0 Update 1 can be downloaded here (000127560) or under the related documents section or thru Veritas Update.
This update will patch Backup Exec 20.0 (20.0.1188.0).to Backup Exec 20.1 revision 1188.1237 (20.0.1188.1237) only.
New features/enhancements are included in this release (2018-04-02)
- LTO8 M8 media support
- AWS Government Cloud with FIPS 140-2 enabled
- Generic S3 “Compatible-with-S3” support for new regions
- Backup Exec now introduces Subscription and Perpetual-based Licensing
- Enhanced Instant recovery. Backup Exec users can now also instantly recover any non-Windows virtual machine.
- Support for OpenDedupe Connectors for Azure Archival Storage and Amazon Glacier..
- Backup Exec integrates with Veritas™ Information Map
- Enhanced inbound firewall rules for Backup Exec
- Enhancements to Backup Exec with a powerful Deduplication engine
- Backup Exec users can get improved speed, scale, and stability while backing up to the Backup Exec deduplication folder.
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) support. Support that helps to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) 3.1/3.2 requirements.
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 support
- Improved IPv6 support for Backup Exec client-side deduplication, NDMP Option, and RMAL.
- Support for SQL Server 2017
For more information on what’s new in Backup Exec 20 Update 1 please refer to the updated Readme document that is Available Here.
Product Documentation is Available Here..
If you are installing for the first time, please be sure you have the latest Backup Exec installation media with Updated 1 embedded. To obtain the latest install media, have your serial number available and go to https://vam.veritas.com to download.
If you are upgrading from Backup Exec 16 or earlier versions, please visit https://vam.veritas.com to obtain the latest install media and upgrade serial numbers.
- Administrative privileges are required to install this Feature Pack.
- Backup Exec 20.0.1188.0
- A full backup is recommended after installing this Feature Pack.
- Remote Agent for Windows Servers will need to be updated after installing this Feature Pack.
- Remote Agent for Linux/Unix/Macintosh Servers (RALUS/RAMS) will need to be updated after installing this Feature Pack.
- Update SDR media.
Known issues resolved
- Last 7 days of Backup Jobs" status is not updated and error “The query for Last7Days failed” shows in the botton left corner of the BE console screen (100041169)
- After Vmware Agent backups some Virtual Machines, the "Migrate" option is disabled.
- The “Original start time” field in the Job history group report is not displaying the expected output.
- Exchange backup to tape stays in updating catalog status for long time and may cause remsrv64.exe process to use high memory on the Exchange server. (000127449)
- Size of Sharepoint content Ddatabase shown in restore selections are inaccurate.
- Backup Exec management command line interface "Wait-BEJob" cmdlet returns Lost connection or CommunicaitonException error before job completes. (000109520)
- -4001 A read was issued to a location beyond the EOF (writes will expand the file) (100010683)
이 내용이 도움이 되었습니까?
평가가 제출되었습니다. 추가 피드백을 제공하십시오(선택 사항).: