Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing applications and upgrade packages in the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Running NetBackup commands on an application instance
Flex Appliance provides the capability for the appadmin user to run NetBackup commands on all NetBackup master and media server instances.
To run NetBackup commands on an instance, open an SSH session to the instance and log in as the appadmin user. For each command that you want to run, specify sudo and enter the absolute or the relative path. For example:
sudo /opt/veritas/vxapp-manage/tune -s
You can run commands for the following directories and executables:
The df command may show incorrect usage information for application instances. However, the total storage and the available storage are correct. To determine the correct usage information, subtract the available storage from the total storage.
For more information on NetBackup commands, refer to the NetBackup Commands Reference Guide.