Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing applications and upgrade packages in the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Configuring Call Home settings
Call Home is enabled by default. This section provides the specific information for the settings and configuration for the Call Home feature.
The available options are provided in the following table.
Table: Call Home options
Enable the Call Home feature
Enable the Call Home proxy server
Enter the Call Home proxy server settings
Enable the Call Home proxy tunneling
(Optional) Enter the name of the account that is used for authentication to the SMTP server
(Optional) Enter the password for authentication to the SMTP server
Enter the SMTP server that is used to send email
Enter the time (in minutes from 1 to 44640) between alert emails that are sent to the administrator. The default value is 1440 minutes.
Enter an email ID or account for emails that are received from the appliance
Add hardware administrator email accounts
To configure Call Home settings
- Log in to the Flex Appliance Shell, and type the following as needed. Press Enter after each string to display the information.
- Enable Call Home.
set alerts callhome
- Set the Call Home proxy, proxy server, and proxy tunnel.
set alerts callhome-proxy
set alerts callhome-proxy-server
set alerts callhome-proxy-tunnel
- Set the SMTP server.
set alerts email-smtp <smtp_server>
- (Optional) Set the SMTP account and password.
set alerts email-smtp <smtp_account>
set alerts email-smtp <smtp_password>
- Set the interval in minutes between email notifications.
set alerts email-notification-interval <interval>
- Set the sender and hardware administrator email addresses.
set alerts email-sender-id <email_address>
set alerts email-hardware <email_address>