Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing applications and upgrade packages in the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Accessing and using the Flex Appliance Console
After you have configured Flex Appliance, you can sign in to the Flex Appliance Console to use and manage the appliance software.
To access the Flex Appliance Console
- Open a web browser on a system that has a network connection to the appliance. Flex Appliance supports the following browsers:
Google Chrome version 57 or higher
Mozilla Firefox version 52 or higher
These browsers may display a Privacy error or Insecure Connection page when you access the Flex Appliance Console. Use the Advanced option on the page to proceed.
- Navigate to https://console.domain, where console.domain is the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) that you entered for the Flex Appliance Console during initial configuration. It can also be an IP address.
When you sign in for the first time, use the following default credentials:
User name: admin
The default password is well documented and available online. For security purposes, Veritas recommends that you change the admin user password the first time you sign in. See Changing the admin user password on the Flex Appliance Console.
The Flex Appliance Console includes the following pages:
The home page shows a small overview of the system topology and a getting-started flow for first-time users.
This page shows a complete overview of the appliance nodes, storage shelves, and instances. To access this page, clickon the home page.
This page shows the tasks that have been performed on the Flex Appliance Console and their current status. To access this page, click the monitor icon on the left pane of the console.
This page lets you manage the settings for the appliance, the appliance users, and the repository. To access this page, click the gear icon on the left pane of the console.