Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing applications and upgrade packages in the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Performing a factory reset
The purpose of a factory reset is to return a node to a clean, unconfigured, factory state. A factory reset discards all configuration data but does not affect the storage data.
To perform a factory reset
- Log in to the Flex Appliance Shell, and then type the following:
- Press Enter.
- Type yes to continue, and then press Enter.
Once you have started the factory-reset operation, do not perform any other tasks on the appliance until the reset is complete.
When the process is complete, you are prompted to reboot. The factory reset is not complete until after the system is rebooted. The system continues to run with the current configuration until after the reboot is completed.
- Do one of the following:
To reboot the node now, type yes, and then press Enter.
To reboot the node later, type no, and then press Enter.
You can type the following command at any time to reboot:
- If the node was previously configured with the configure-console command, you should reset storage now.
If the node was not previously configured, you can proceed with the initial configuration.