Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing applications and upgrade packages in the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Adding files to the repository
Adding files to the Flex Appliance repository consists of the following tasks:
Download the file from Veritas.
From the Flex Appliance Console, locate the downloaded file and add it to the repository.
Guidelines for adding files to the repository:
Only add files that have been downloaded from the Veritas Entitlement Management System (VEMS).
Do not change or modify the file names.
To download and add files to the repository
- From a computer within your appliance domain, download the appropriate file from VEMS. To access VEMS, click Licensing on the Veritas Support website.
- From the same computer, sign in to the Flex Appliance Console.
- From the Home page, click Settings > Repository.
- On the Repository page, click Add.
- In the dialog box that appears, do the following:
At the top of the dialog box, click on the drop-down and navigate to the location where you downloaded the file from Veritas.
Select the downloaded file from the list of items that appears, then click Open. The appliance software adds the selected file to the repository and installs it so that it is available for use. The file should appear at the top of the list on the Repository page.