Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Configuring Call Home
- Managing users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing applications and upgrade packages in the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Monitoring the appliance
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Viewing system data
In addition to individual hardware component data you can obtain information about the appliance system. The self-test command captures more data than the hardware-health command. It includes a health check all the way to the NetBackup application layer.
This section provides the information that is specific to the output from the self-test commands. The available information is provided in the following table.
Table: Self-test data
Shows the current status of the storage array.
Shows the current status of the various appliance software components.
Shows the current status of the various appliance hardware components.
Shows the current status of the network connections.
To view appliance system data
- Log in to the Flex Appliance Shell, and type any of the following as needed.
system self-test disk
system self-test software
system self-test hardware
system self-test network
- Press Enter after each string to view the data.
Refer to the following section for information to obtain DataCollect logs.