When Backup Exec Administration Console is launched and it gets connected to media server, the below error gets popped up. If "OK" is clicked, the error message will disappear but none of the JOB LOGS under Job History will be displayed and it shows "Query Failed". If the new job is attempted to run, it may run and complete successfully but the job log will not reflect under Job History.
Database Exception 0x259, source:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server, result:0x80040e14, Could not continue scan with NOLOCK due to data movement.
This issue may be caused if the Backup Exec Database (BEDB) Index will not be in Sync. Rebuilding indexes as part of maintenance should resolve the issue. In cases where this does not resolve the issue, further investigation may show that there are SQL errors. Reviewing the Application event logs may show SQL error 824 or 823, these may indicate disk errors or other I/O issues with SQL. Review this article from Microsoft to confirm:
NOTE: It is highly recommended to have a Symantec Technical support representative online while trying below suggested steps
- C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\NT for 10.x and under
- C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec for 11.x and above
2. Double-click on BEUtility.exe
3. Click "Yes" on the Pop up to continue
4. Highlight "All Media Servers" and right-click on "SERVERNAME" displayed on the right pane
5. Per the following task listed below
- Repair Database
- Rebuild database Indices
- Compact Database
- Age Database
- Check Database Consistency