How to run a dump database with the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Utility (BEUtility) to backup the database file to hard disk
To dump the database, perform the following steps:
1. Close the Backup Exec Interface.
2. Browse to <Drive Letter>:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec (for Backup Exec 11d and above) or <Drive Letter>:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT (for Backup Exec 10.x and older) directory, and double-click on BEUtility.exe
3. Expand Known Computers, select All Media Servers
Note: If the media server name is not listed in the right window pane, right-click on All Media Servers, select New Media Server, enter the name of the media server, and click OK
4. In the right window pane, right click on the Backup Exec media server name, and then click Dump Database (Figure 1)
5. The Operation Progress dialog box will appear, indicating the process of dumping the database (Figure 2)
6. On completion, click Close. Select the File | Exit menu option to quit BEUtility.
The dumped backup file is located at
<Drive Letter>:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data\BEDB.bak (for Backup Exec 11d and above) or
<Drive Name>:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Data\BEDB.bak (for Backup Exec 10.x and older)
The dumped database can also be restored by using the Recover Database option of BEUtility (refer to the Related Documents section).
Note : This process is automatically performed by Backup Exec when Enable Backup Exec Database Maintenance is checked under Tools | Options | Settings | Database Maintenance. If enabled, this is performed by default at 4:00 a.m. everyday.