Backup Exec 12.5 SP2 SCSI Tracer tool download - 32bit
The SCSI Tracer tool (Tracer.exe) was first introduced in Backup Exec Version 11d. The release of Service Pack 2 for Backup Exec version 12.5 contained enhancements to the Tracer application. This download is for users of Backup Exec versions 12.0 and older who wish to take advantage of these enhancements to Tracer.exe.
To use the Backup Exec SCSI trace tool in previous versions of Backup Exec, perform the following steps:
1. Download 12.5SP2TRACERx86_338297.zip from below and extract the contents into the installation directory of Backup Exec:
Default for 11d and higher C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\
2. Copy tpfilter.sys into the %windir%\system32\drivers folder.
3. Open a command prompt and change into the installation directory for Backup Exec (either C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\NT or C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\)
4. Type the following: tpfilter add
5. The following messages should appear:
Driver will load at next boot.
6. Reboot the server.
7. After the reboot launch Tracer.exe from the Backup Exec folder to begin using the tool.