Access Denied error occurs when testing resource credentials for SQL databases.
0xa000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again. If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource.
- If the System Logon Account is selected, the resource credentials test error out with access denied and the job fails with the error listed above.
- If the SQL Administrator; i.e. SA is selected as the username, the resource credentials test is successful but the job hangs at a certain byte count.
- The following error occurs after logging into the SQL 2005 Management Studio:
This failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections (provider:Named Pipes Provider,error:40-Could not open connection to SQL Server).
1. Open SQL Server Configuration Manager. Select "SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration | Protocols for MSSQLSERVER" then enable the protocols, 'TCP/IP' and 'Named Pipes'.
2. Restart the SQL server service and retry the backup job.