Attached to this document are the latest fixinstall.bat and UninstallBESR2010.zip files for Backup Exec System Recovery 2010.
CAUTION : Please use "Add or Remove Programs" or "Programs and Features" control panel to uninstall products, uninstall.bat can be used only if trouble or issue occurred during uninstall of the product. Running uninstall.bat without performing an uninstall by "Add or Remove Programs" or "Programs and Features" control panel might leave unnecessary files or registry keys on the system.
NOTE : uninstall.bat does not remove the recovery point files and its folders, and VProRecovery folder(s) on the backup destination machine. Please remove them manually if unnecessary.
The attached files can be used to repair an existing install, or completely remove Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) 2010.
To completely uninstall BESR 2010:
The UninstallBESR2010.zip file linked in the "Attachments" section below contains the uninstall batch file for BESR 2010. It can be used if uninstall issues occur when uninstalling the product. Please read all instructions in this technote prior to running the batch file to ensure that it runs properly. This batch file will uninstall "Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010" product only. Do not use with other versions of BESR or SSR. If uninstall from any version of Windows 2000, obtain REG.EXE from Microsoft and copy in the local folder or path variable.
- Extract UninstallBESR2010.zip into a folder. Two files will extract into the folder: UninstallBESR2010.bat and LUReg.exe. Both files must be in the same folder for the uninstallation process to operate.
- Open a command line and navigate to the directory where the 2 files in step one were extracted.
- Type the following:
For 32-bit Systems*:
UninstallBESR2010.bat -I "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\"
For 64-bit Systems*:
UninstallBESR2010.bat -I "C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\"
*Important Note: If you modified the installation path of BESR during the original install, modify the install path in the command line accordingly. Confirm that the folder is still present. If not, create a new empty folder in that location with the name Backup Exec System Recovery.
- Reboot the system.
- BESR 2010 in now uninstalled.
To repair an existing install of BESR 2010:
- Download fixinstall.bat to the following directory, overwriting the existing file if prompted:
Windows Vista\7\2008: C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery
Windows XP\2003: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery
- Double-click on the file. A command prompt box will open while the file runs and will close when complete.
- Reboot the system.
- The repair of the BESR 2010 installation is now complete.