Event ID 58053: A "Storage Device Configuration Error" is reported after attempting any tape device operation in Backup Exec for Windows Servers
Storage Device Configuration Error.
Problems were encountered during the Configuration of your storage devices.
Please use the Windows Event viewer to view the Application Log for more information.
This error is encountered when a device driver is not installed for the device, or when the application is unable to communicate with the device for any other reason, like a corrupted or outdated driver installation.
This issue can be resolved by installing (or reinstalling) the device drivers for the tape device per the following steps:
1. Navigate to Tools and select the Device Configuration Wizard.
2. Click Next and a screen to configure the devices will appear. Select Configure Devices.
3. Click the first option to install Symantec drivers.
4. Click Next on the Welcome screen.
5. A Choosing Tape Drivers screen will appear. Select Use Symantec tape drivers for all tape devices.
6. Reboot after the device driver installation is complete.