Backup Exec for Windows 12.5 Product Compatibility Information for Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2008 R2 Hyper-V
Windows 2008 R2 Support
Added Support for Windows 2008 R2 Operating systems (File System, System State, Shadow Copy Components Only).
Not Supported or Exceptions:
- All other Backup Exec Options such as SQL, ADBO, IDR and Exchange as well as features such as the following are not supported.
- Installing a full version of Backup Exec for Windows 12.5 as a media server on a Windows 2008 R2 Server is not supported.
- Hyper-V: When protecting Windows 2008 R2 Hyper-V hosts using the Agent for Microsoft Virtual Server Windows (AMVS) GRT tape backups are NOT supported. Windows 2008 R2 Hyper-V GRT backups to disk are supported. If a Windows 2008 R2 Hyper-V GRT tape backup is required the backup must run to disk first then duplicated to tape.
- Native and Boot from VHD
- File Classification Infrastructure (FCI)
- Clustered Shared Volumes (CSV)